Oregon Contractors License
June 1, 2016 - Oregon now accepts the 12 State NASCLA exam for contractors. You can take our class via Live Webinar. We have a 90% first-pass rate and we Guarantee that you will pass.
You can now take the NASCLA Exam in Oregon and it is accepted in 12 other states (more being added).
Oregon Construction Contractor exam
Want to talk to the Oregon Contractor Board - Here is their web site.
Residential General Contractor, Residential Specialty Contractor, Residential Limited Contractor, Commercial General Contractor Level 1 and Level 2, or Commercial Specialty Contractor Level 1 and Level 2 can take the Oregon Construction Contractor exam.
I order to get the license, you must be at least 18 years old, complete at least 16 hours of training on law and business practices and pass a state test.
Responsible Managing Individual (RMI) is the one who must take the test. The RMI has to be an owner or employee of the business and manage or supervise its construction activities.
A company must have an RMI. If your RMI leaves, you must notify the CCB immediately. It is required that you replace the former RMI with someone:
- Who has taken the course within the past 24 months and passed the test or
- Someone who has served as an RMI within the last 24 months.
- You must obtain your license within 24 months of completing the training, not the test.
About the test
- The test is based on the Oregon Contractor Reference Manual, which may be included in your fee for the training. Ask the training provider if the manual is included in the cost.
- Updates to the manual can affect test questions so it's best to use the most current version of the manual. The11th edition is current. Students with the 10th edition can still take the test but some questions could be based on the 11th edition.
- About three days after you finish pre-license training, you can schedule the test through the approved test administrator.
- You can use the manual during the open-book test. You cannot take loose paper into the testing facility so make changes or corrections directly into the manual.
- There are 80 multiple choice questions on business practices and law. A passing score is 70 percent (56 correct answers).
PSI Services is our test administrator. Its candidate bulletin gives information about test locations and procedures.
After the test
You will get your test score immediately after completing the test.
- If you pass: Come to the CCB office to get your license. Bring your score report, along with a completed CCB application, fee, original surety bond and certificate of liability coverage.
- If you fail: You can test again.