South Carolina (Residential) Business Law Contractor Exam Prep - Online Pre-Recorded
South Carolina (Residential) - Business, Law and Project Management Exam Prep Course Online Pre-Recorded
Exam Prep Class:
This class will prepare you to take the South Carolina Business, Law and Project Management Exam. We cover all the material that you can bring into the exam. We review all the areas of the test that you are expected to be familiar with and we tab and highlight the areas of the manuals so that you can find the material in the books quickly and efficiently in the exam. We coach you on the logic for how to navigate the test, how to review the questions, quickly recognize the book to reference and how to hone in on the section to validate the right answers. (There is a logic to how to properly manage the test.)
Once you have registered for the exam you will receive an email giving you your login information and full access to the online video review book by book, and full access to the study guide and multi book Question and Answer material.
We ship the custom tabs that are associated with this course and test - once you have received all of that material you are ready to start preparing for the exam. You have unlimited access to this material for a period of 90 days.
We recommend that once you have gone through the course, highlighted and tabbed the books - that you review the Q&A material often enough that you readily know what book and what section of the book you're looking for based on the question you're reviewing. (That's when you know you are ready for the exam).
Class Days and Times:
We offer the South Carolina Business, Law and Project Management Prep Class weekly live in our classroom in Richmond and Via Live Interactive Webinar.
Contractor License Requirements:
To apply for your Contractors License in South Carolina you must do the following:
INITIAL APPLICATION – Steps:
- You are required to pass the both the technical exam for the designation you are applying for as well as the South Carolina Business, Law and Project Management exam - there is one book for Residential Contractors and one for Commercial Contractors.
- Fill out the General & Mechanical Contractor’s License Application this link and attached 8 page document provides all the required information: South Carolina Application Information and Forms
- Submit a financial statement; refer to the link above to determine the correct format for submitting your financial information.
- Along with the application and financial statement include the appropriate fee as listed on the application form.
- Outline your work experience: Submit 2 years of HANDS-ON "in the field" work experience within the past 5 years as a full-time employee in the field you are requesting. Only commercial work experience is accepted, except for the Interior Renovation classification that can be commercial and/or residential experience. If you are in a supervisory position, submit hands-on work you supervise employees doing in the field you are applying.
Exam and Application:
You have 120 minutes to complete the exam, there are 50 questions and you are required to answer 35 correctly to pass the exam. The Subject Area for the exam covers:
- Business Management –2 questions
- Estimating and Bidding – 10 questions
- Contracts and Agreements – 12 questions
- Project Management – 5 questions
- Insurance and Bonding – 2 questions
- Safety, Recordkeeping and Reporting – 1 question
- Labor Laws and Employment Regulations – 3 questions
- Financial Management – 6 questions
- Tax Laws – 3 questions
- Liens – 3 questions
- Environmental Laws and Regulations – 3 questions
Books and Study Material:
In addition to the workbook and Sample Question and Answer practice test and Tabs for each book that we produce and supply, the following books are used in preparation for the open book test:
The following reference material is allowed for the South Carolina Business, Law and Project Management exam:
- NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management – for Residential Contractors, 7th Edition
You Can Purchase the Book Bundle Here: South Carolina Business, Law and Project Management for Residential Contractors 7th Edition.
The South Carolina Business, Law and Project Management exam is required by the South Carolina Board for Contractors, there is a Residential Business book and a Commercial Business book for all Commercial licenses and the specialty exams.
The South Carolina Unlimited (NASCLA Accredited Commercial Contractor License) offers a unique benefit. In addition to qualifying you as a Commercial General Building Contractor in the state of South Carolina, you also qualify with this examination to participate in Commercial General Building contracting in 13 states, one US territory and in addition to 15 boards for contractors with South Carolina having both a Commercial Board and a separate Residential Board.